The Urban Watersheds Research Institute (UWRI) is a Colorado based non-profit corporation dedicated to the sustainable environment and water resources of communities, with primary focus on urban centers. Since its creation in 2005, the Institute has focused on developing and transferring information to the professionals in public and private sectors to better serve the general public and to protect and improve the environment.
Its focus on achieving these goals is development of technical, institutional, legal, and economic information through:
* seminars, technical training classes and workshops
* scholarships and student intern programs
* other activities
Topics of most immediate concern include:
* Urban water resources,
* Stormwater system modeling technology,
* Stormwater quality and quantity management and design,
* Floodplain and flood damage management,
* Restoration of degraded natural receiving waters,
* Urban ecology,
* Community needs, including aesthetics and function,
* Economic sustainability, and
* Other related topics in need of attention.
We ask you to support our mission and to share your thoughts and ideas with us. You may contact us by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a summary of seminars/classes, training opportunities, scholarships & research grants please visit their site: urbanwatersheds.org